Terms of Service
By using the Legitimate ("Service"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service"). Legitimate LTD ("Company") reserves the right to update and change these Terms of Service without notice.
Violation of any of the terms below may result in the termination of your account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal purpose or to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- Content added to your profile must belong to you. Linking to content that you’re not the author of will result in your account being suspended or closed.
Customers may access their Service data via the Application Program Interface ("API"). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product that accesses the Service, is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any damages or losses resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to the Service via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account's access to the API. The Company, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. The Company will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly cancelling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by visiting the Settings area of your profile from the dropdown menu in the top right of the screen. The Account Settings screen provides a simple no-questions-asked cancellation link.
- All of your content will be inaccessible from the Service immediately upon cancellation. Within 30 days, all content will be permanently deleted from active systems and logs. Within 60 days, all content will be permanently deleted from our backups. This information cannot be recovered once it has been permanently deleted.
- The Company, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. The Company reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service
- The Company reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of the Service with or without notice.
- The Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. and International copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. All materials uploaded remain yours.
- The Company does not pre-screen content, but reserves the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided via email.
- You understand that the Company uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or the Company.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by the Company.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Service customer, Company employee or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other Service customers. Of course, we'll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- The Company does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Company and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and the Company (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
The safety of our community and our users is very important to us. We take our role seriously in keeping abuse off our platform. That's why we developed standards for what is and isn't allowed on Legitimate. In order to keep Legitimate a safe space for everyone, we expect you to observe the following guidelines:
- Be careful about the information that you post. Keep in mind that, if published, your posts will be available for all users.
- Always use an appropriate and respectful language when you post content. Avoid racist, sexist, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, obscene, condescending or otherwise offensive language that could be considered detrimental to other users, our employees or moderators.
- Do not post content for the promotion or advertisement of commercial products or services.
- Please do not post information such as name, address, personal identification number, social security number, email address, credit card information, or other personal information of you or other persons. Also make sure that you have all legal rights and/or consents to post any information or other material that you provide or link to.
- For obvious reasons, do not post links to malware, trojan viruses, or otherwise malicious content.
- Do not spam users via the messaging feature.
Please always be respectful when using Legitimate, and do not post any content which, in the sole discretion of Legitimate:
- is offensive, abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, obscene, condescending;
is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including but not limited to, violations of intellectual property rights, privacy rights or proprietary rights;
- includes personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data;
- includes malicious content, such as malware, trojan horses or viruses;
- includes your or any other user’s password;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming", or junk mail, chain letters or similar;
- involves commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, contests, sweepstakes, or pyramid schemes;
- links or references to commercial products or services;
Reporting inappropriate content:
- If you receive a message you think is inappropriate you can click Report at the bottom to let us know about it.
- If you see a post you think is inappropriate you can click and then Report Inappropriate Content.
- We do not allow the use of our services and will disable accounts if you:
- Severely violate our Community Standards.
- Persistently violate our Community Standards.
- Represent dangerous individuals or organisations.
- Create or use an account that demonstrates intent to violate our Community Standards.
- Create a single, personal account that represents or is used by more than one person.
We comply with:
- User requests for removal of their own account.
- Requests for removal of a deceased user's account from a verified immediate family member or executor.
- Requests for removal of an incapacitated user's account from an authorised representative.
Failure to comply with any of these guidelines could result in your account being suspended or removed.